Last modified April 22, 2020
I. Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Website, contact or interact with us, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Website.
- When You place an order, We may collect Your billing details (including Your first name, last name, company name, country/region, street address, town/city, state, zip code, telephone number, and email address), shipping details (including Your first name, last name, company name, country/region, street address, town/city, state, zip code, and order notes), and payment information (including credit card number, CVV, and expiration).
- When You schedule an appointment, We collect Your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, date and time of Your appointment, information related to the shape, size, and budget of the diamond in which You are interested, and Your comments related to what You are looking for.
- When You submit a contact form, We collect Your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, information related to how We can help, and any comments You voluntarily provide.
- When You use the call functionality on the Website, We may collect Your telephone number and any information You and Your device provide during the video or audio call.
- We may collect information about You from third-party sources. The Website provides links to our social media pages, including our Facebook and Instagram Pages. If You connect with social media websites through the Website, We may receive personal information about You.
We automatically collect information regarding each user of our Website, including Your IP address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, the Website features You use and the time of Your use, Your device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You when You use the Website. Additional information collected is described in the Cookies section below.
II. How We Use Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which it was provided;
- To provide information and respond to requests for products and services;
- To process and respond to customer inquiries and comments;
- To provide the products You ordered (including, but not limited to, confirming Your order, processing and shipping Your purchase, notifying You about updates to the Website, and providing You with additional information about our products);
- To process payment transactions (Your information will be used to submit Your payment information to our payment processors);
- To administer, operate, and improve the Website;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Website;
- To send periodic emails. If email recipients choose, the email address they provide may be used to send them occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time email recipients would like to unsubscribe from receiving future commercial emails, We include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Website usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Website;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect You and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Information is Disclosed
- Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for Matthew Trent, Inc. https://www.facebook.com/matthewtrentjewelry/.
- Instagram. By clicking on the Instagram button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Instagram Page for Matthew Trent, Inc. https://www.instagram.com/matthewtrentjewelry/.
C. Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
E. Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users, or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
F. Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
G. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But, if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Website.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when the visitor closes the browser software.
Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on Your computer by the websites You visit, and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of Your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Website is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Website outside of the United States, You consent to having Your data transferred to the United States.
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Website to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Services or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Website.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. Information Collected From Other Services and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 18. If You are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately email@example.com.
XI. How to Contact Us
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at Matthew Trent, Inc., 8383 Preston Center Plaza Drive, Suite 120, Dallas, TX 75225 USA.
XIII. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Senate Bill No. 220 (May 29, 2019) amends Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes to permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. You may submit a request pursuant to this directive by emailing us at email@example.com. We will provide further information about how We verify the authenticity of the request and Your identity.